About Allied Millwork of Pgh.
The windows and doors of a structure define its character
Allied Millwork of Pittsburgh has been a family owned and operated business since its establishment in 1950. Located in Lawrenceville, at 3206 Penn Ave; we are a part of Pittsburgh’s acclaimed 16:62 Design Zone.
This industrious millwork establishment is a small custom sash and door shop, very similar to what existed in most major cities a century ago. We fabricate architectural and historic doors and windows. Dedicated to creating the highest quality product, we employ only the most knowledgeable and skilled craftsman from an array of woodworking backgrounds. Remaining a small team of four enables us to have a great amount of flexibility and offer a beautifully handcrafted final product at a competitive price.
As the recipient of several historic preservation awards we have been recognized for our exceptional restoration skills, from colonial 1800’s farmhouses in Ohio to government buildings in Maryland. And, of course, Allied Millwork is highly acclaimed for its historical replication skills in and around the city of Pittsburgh.
Our shop has provided goods destined for historic projects in Ohio, Kentucky, Georgia, Maryland, New York and throughout Pennsylvania. We have been involved in new structures as far away as Westport, Connecticut and Nantucket Island, Massachusetts.
Our focus is here in western Pennsylvania, and we have participated in the restoration of such Pittsburgh landmarks as the Heinz History Center, Penn Pilsner Brewery, the South Side Market House, and several buildings in the Penn Liberty Cultural District, amongst others. Many historic buildings in neighborhoods such as Lawrenceville, South Side, and North Side/Manchester – along with beautiful homes in areas such as Shadyside, Squirrel Hill, Highland Park, Sewickley, Fox Chapel, and Oakmont have been keeping us busy!
Allied Millwork has supplied windows and doors for buildings for many of our esteemed colleges and universities, including: Carnegie Mellon, Chatham, Washington and Jefferson, Waynesburg, University of Pittsburgh, and Duquesne. As you can see in our picture galleries we have – and continue to – provide windows and doors for many of the area’s historic churches.
The Pittsburgh Post Gazette as well as Pittsburgh magazine, have featured numerous projects that we have been involved in.